The Panola Chamber of Commerce is accepting applications for the position of Executive Director.
This position is located in Carthage, Texas, in the beautiful Piney Woods of East Texas.
The successful applicant for Executive Director shall act as the chief executive officer of the Panola County Chamber of Commerce and shall be responsible for the implementation of the policies established by the Chamber Board of Directors. The Executive Director shall manage the day-to-day operation of the Chamber in a manner to further the goals and objectives of the Chamber. The Executive Director shall also be a visible leader in the community with the ability to work with business leaders, political leaders, and the community to create partnerships and achieve goals.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work with the Chamber Board of Directors to develop long and short range goals
- Be responsible for the fiscal integrity of the Chamber
- Conduct periodic evaluations of programs and make recommendations for improvement
- Work with the Chamber Board of Directors to build membership
- Work with appropriate personnel to prepare agendas and materials for meetings
- Attend and participate in all meetings of the Chamber Board except when excluded from executive sessions by the President
- Serve as custodian of all chamber records
- Refer economic development questions to the City of Carthage Economic Development Corporation and assist with economic development as requested
- Exercise sound, prudent judgment in matters not covered by policy
- Interpret Board policies and implement them accordingly
- Determine staffing needs and hire personnel when positions are approved
- Determine duties and assignment of paid staff
- Develop appropriate operational procedures for the Chamber office
- Manage the social media website to promote Chamber growth and development
- Keep the Board informed of pertinent developments at the local, state and national levels
- Complete other duties assigned by the Chamber Board of Directors
- Bachelor’s Degree or comparable work experience in marketing, management, and communications preferred, but not required
- Previous Chamber experience is preferred.
- Experience working with a non-profit organization is preferred.
- Supervisory experience is preferred.
- Chamber certification is preferred, but not required.
- Professional, well-developed interpersonal skills
- Exemplary professional skills in written and verbal communications
- Well-developed presentation skills
- Ability to develop and manage Chamber budget
- Proficiency in use of Microsoft Office software
- Ability to set and meet project deadlines
- Ability to work without close supervision
- Ability to adapt to change
- Public speaking skills
- Ability to plan and organize events
- Action-oriented, entrepreneurial, persuasive, creative and self-motivated with the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
Applications will be accepted through August 31, 2021, or until the position is filled.
Please submit a cover letter, resume, and three references to the following email address: